CurcuMax is a highly bioavailable curcuminoid formula. It contains the three strongest and best researched curcuminoids which are constituents of the herb Turmeric, an herb that you’re probably heard of or even use. So, you are probably thinking about what makes this product special and here is why: Turmeric root powder only contains about 5-7% of the active constituent curcumin and this product contains 95% curcuminoids with curcumin being 70% of that. What does this mean? It means that you are getting a great quality product that will be strong, absorbed by your body and as a result, effective.*
Where does Curcumin come from?
Curcumin comes from the plant Curcuma longa, commonly known as Turmeric which is very popular in Asian cuisine. It has a warm, bitter taste and it is frequently used to flavor or color food. However, some don’t know that the root of turmeric plant has multiple medicinal properties and it has been used for that for many years. Turmeric has a constituent called curcumin; among others, often used to color foods and cosmetics due to its bright yellow color.
What are its medicinal actions?
- Anti-inflammatory: the constituent curcumin is responsible for the anti-inflammatory action thus reducing inflammation and making it useful in the treatment of muscle pain, joint pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), headaches, SLE, bronchitis, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular diseases, etc.*
- Antioxidant: curcumin can protect the DNA against breaks and oxidation which makes it useful in the treatment of different types of cancer, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular health, protective for the body, etc.*
- Anti-neoplastic: curcumin has been proven to have anti-cancer properties in the body. Either as part of a treatment protocol or as preventative.*
- Lipid modulation: curcumin has shown positive results in decreasing total plasma cholesterol levels, decreasing LDL, decreasing triglycerides and increasing HDL levels. It also helps decrease inflammation in the vessels which improves cardiovascular health and decreases risk.*
- Immune system regulator: effective in allergic reactions, autoimmune diseases and anti-cancer properties.*
- Toxins: Toxic metal chelator for copper and iron.*
- Anti-platelet: curcumin has been shown to prevent thrombus formation from platelet aggregation which makes it beneficial for cardiovascular health.*
- Anti-bacterial: curcumin has also shown effectiveness with treating infections.*
- Anti-hepatotoxic: curcumin has been shown to stimulate Phase II detox activity in the liver helping excrete toxins out of the body. It also enhances bile flow and solubility.*
- Carminative: curcumin has also been effective relieving gas/flatulence.*
These above are only some of the actions and uses for curcumin. It has been proven to have multiple medicinal properties and that’s why it is commonly known as the golden herb; however, having the right dose and source of curcumin is very important. Also, it is important to consult with your healthcare provider to determine whether curcumin is safe for you or not and what would be the dose. Remember, every person is different and what works for someone (herb/dose) is not going to be the same for another person.*
Dr. Yarilis Vazquez,
ND Naturopathic Doctor- SOPHIA Natural Health Center
*The effectiveness of diagnosis and treatment vary by patient and condition. Sophia Natural Health Center does not guarantee certain results.