- Organic Chicken Broth
- 1-2 eggs
- Scallions (white parts)
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- (Chinese) White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Cooked white rice (optional)
- Grate ginger, slice the whites of scallions and mince the garlic.
- Bring chicken broth to a gentle boil.
- Beat the egg(s) and add by the spoonful to the broth.
- Let simmer until the egg cooks.
- Turn off heat.
- Immediately add ginger, garlic, sea salt, white pepper and scallion whites.
- Let it steep for another 5 – 10 minutes. You may add some cooked white rice.
- Drink 1 – 2 doses for 1 – 2 days until your cold is gone. Then get under your bed covers and rest!
Notes and Hints:
All ingredient amounts are based on your taste preference! You can keep ginger root in the freezer for freshness and grate it as needed. To push out the pathogen, we open the pores and break a slight sweat. This is the reason for the covers and rest. The ingredients also have many antimicrobial properties.