**UPDATED ON MAY 26TH, 2020**
I wanted to fill you in on updates to our policies and procedures for the virus. We are accepting new patients and servicing our patients. Our staff is healthy and tested routinely.
Keeping Our Office Safe
What we are doing now:
- MASKS WORN BY ALL. We ask that you put on a protective mask when entering the office. All staff is wearing protective masks as well.
- Global Office Disinfection consistently throughout the day.
- Increased Room Disinfection. We have removed sheets and pillowcases to make sure we are wiping down every treatment table after every treatment. We continue to wipe down surfaces and only use every other room
- Room and Schedule Spacing. We are still at a reduced schedule so there are fewer persons in the office at one time. This also gives us the opportunity to stagger the rooms when possible and alternate occupants. I think this is a good system.
- I instituted Precautionary Clinic Rules regarding exposure, and this is posted OUTSIDE the clinic door to prevent anyone who has been possibly exposed from coming into the clinic
- Dr. Eli, our new Naturopathic Doctor has is now coming to the office on Wednesdays for bloodwork and consults. He will continue to be available for Tele-health consults throughout the week.
- Virtual Classes and Lectures! Our virtual seminars have been a big hit! We have covered topics such as Lyme disease, Sleep, Digestion, At-home Moxibustion, and Cupping Therapies and Acupressure. They have been so popular that we will continue these for the future See our events page for details.
- Our Staff has continued to stay healthy and follow social distancing precautions outside work hours.
- Of course we continue to suspend any cold/flu treatments at this time.
What We Recommend
I still recommend the following prevention:
- Vitamin D, “5000 IU’s a day.
- Zinc Supreme 1 cap per day(unless deficient)**
- Vit C Biofizz- 1/8 tsp/ day (unless sick)
- Optional: Burn Moxa at Acupoint ST36/CV 14
**If you are unclear of your Zinc status, take the non-invasive Zinc Tally Test (offered at our office). After the results we will suggest a dosage.
If we are asked to close or feel that it would be in everyone’s best interest, we will let you know immediately.
Please contact us with any questions at 203-740-9300
All the best,
Dr. Kenneth Hoffman, DACM. L.Ac
- Martineau AR, et al., Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory infections: individual participant data meta-analysis. Health Technol Assess. 2019 Jan;23(2):1-44. doi: 10.3310/hta23020
- Kewcharoenwong C1, Schuster GU2,3, Wessells KR2 Daily Preventive Zinc Supplementation Decreases Lymphocyte and Eosinophil Concentrations in Rural Laotian Children from Communities with a High Prevalence of Zinc Deficiency: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. J Nutr. 2020 Mar 2. pii: nxaa037. doi: 10.1093/jn/nxaa037
- Gorton HC, Jarvis K.The effectiveness of vitamin C in preventing and relieving the symptoms of virus-induced respiratory infections. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999 Oct;22(8):530-3.
- Zhu Wenlian, Liu Renguan. Effects of moxa-cone moxibustion at Dazhui acupoint on the phagocytic function of macrophages in hypoimmune mice. Journal of Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2005;28910:89-90.
- Zhang W, Chen MR, Xiong J. Effects of different quantity of moxibustion at “Dazhui” (GV 14) on cellular immunity in asthmatic rats. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. 2012 Jun;37(3):202-5, 217.